ATLANTA, February 7, 2018 –Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (“Piedmont” or the “Company”) (PDM), an owner of Class A office properties in select sub-markets located primarily within eight major Eastern U.S. office markets, today announced its results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2017.
Highlights for the Three Months and Year Ended December 31, 2017:
· Completed almost 900,000 square feet of leasing during the fourth quarter, resulting in approximately 20% and 25% roll ups in cash and accrual rents, respectively, and bringing total leasing for the year to over two million square feet and year-end leased percentage to approximately 90%;
· Due to the timing of completion of transactional activity undertaken in 2017, reported Net Loss Applicable to Common Stockholders of $(0.21) per diluted share for the quarter and Net Income Applicable to Common Stockholders of $0.92 per diluted share for the year ended December 31, 2017;
· Achieved Core Funds From Operations (“Core FFO”) of $0.42 and $1.75 per diluted share for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2017, respectively;
· Reported increases of approximately 4% and 9% in Same Store NOI- Cash Basis for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2017, respectively;
· Acquired Norman Pointe I during the fourth quarter, an approximately 214,000 square foot, 7-story, Class-A, value-add office building located in close proximity to Piedmont`s existing Minneapolis, MN assets;
· Sold one joint venture asset and two wholly-owned properties during the year, including Two Independence Square, one of the Company`s largest Washington, D.C. assets, for an aggregate of approximately $396 million in gross proceeds;
· Paid down debt using net disposition proceeds from the property sales mentioned above, resulting in decreased leverage levels and substantially improved debt metrics;
· Repurchased 3.1 million shares for a total of $61.8 million under the Company`s board-approved stock repurchase program during the year ended December 31, 2017, leaving $188 million in authorized capacity remaining under the program as of December 31, 2017; and,
· Entered into two binding contracts to sell a total of 14 non-strategic properties for approximately $426 million, which closed on January 4, 2018, and thereby exit four office markets.
Commenting on the Company`s 2017 results, Donald A. Miller, CFA, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We had a strong fourth quarter from both a leasing and transactional perspective, allowing us to finish the year with over two million square feet of leasing and to finalize the sale of 14 assets during the first couple days of January. We were able to successfully address several near term expirations or vacancies in the portfolio through our leasing efforts; our balance sheet is in great shape as a result of paying down debt with proceeds from our sale transactions; and our portfolio is now almost exclusively focused on our eight core markets.”